Thursday, September 27, 2012

Practicing my Routine

Mommy and I spent the past few days getting my two new nurses oriented to my house and my schedule. They're both pretty good and hopefully things will go super smoothly when they start with me full time next week. I'm sure going to miss mommy, but hopefully all that time in the NICU with new nurses taking care of me every day and every night helped me prepare for my soon to be new life at home. We showed them the ropes... how to change my diaper, work my swing, practice OT and PT and Speech therapy with me, where to walk me in my stroller through the neighborhood, how to deal with my jealous puppy dog, how to feed me with my fancy pump, what I like to do when I'm grumpy, where ALL my books are for story time, and lots of other stuff. Mommy and I are both sad for Monday to come, but we have to get into our new schedule at some point so Monday is as good as any day! The other sad thing about Monday is that daddy has to fly Ohio for most of the week for work :( Talk about a rough week ahead!! I'm sure we'll survive though....

The more exciting news is that mommy and daddy and I are going on a semi weekend vacation! Mommy is turning 30 on Sunday and daddy decided we all need to celebrate the big day! We are spending the weekend at a nice hotel (where mommy and daddy got engaged) on the beach with an ocean front room and a big balcony. We are going to hang out at the pools and I'm going to stick my feet in the sand and ocean for the first time!! Mommy already packed my bag and I'm READY :) We are going to have so much fun, and we can all use a relaxing break away together!!! Will post pictures soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment