Thursday, September 6, 2012

No Speech Therapy For Me

Well today I had OT and Speech Therapy and was hoping for better results that yesterday (where I was so exhausted I could barely stay awake). However, it was not to be. I just can't help it... my favorite hours to be awake are between 3am and 7am... so of course by 9am I'm ready for a nice long deep heavy NAP! I can usually make it through OT and cooperate enough that I'm not in a bad mood, but by the time we get over to see the Speech Therapists I am done. Today she was trying to get me to take a cold binkie... HA... why would anyone put something that temperature in his mouth?? Needless to say I was not cooperating with her efforts... add that to me total exhaustion and the result was not a happy one for mommy. She knew if she just wrapped me up in a blanket I would be down for the count so she  tried to hold off and keep me awake, but to no avail... I complained as loud as I could for as long as I could until she finally let me go to sleep! Mommy keeps telling the speech lady that mornings aren't good for me.... I'm always so sleepy AND I eat my breakfast at 9am, so by the time we get in to see her I'm full and have no interest in putting things in my mouth. The therapist told mommy some things she can do with me at home instead and told me to work on sucking on my binkie as much as possible to get stronger tongue and throat muscles... yes ma'am!

Luckily mommy and I got to hang out together for the rest of the day :) I slept through most of the day and snuggled up close with mommy for the rest of it 'til daddy came home! Mommy did take a few videos of me giving a hard earned smile....



and trying a cold binkie (blah)....


On one final note... I weighed in at 9 lbs, 13 oz tonight! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment