Sunday, November 25, 2012

Crazy Thanksgiving

Well guys... sorry its been a while since I've written,  I've had quite a crazy Thankgiving week!!!! Since my baptismal weekend I spent a few days with Cici and Grandpa up in the NC mountains and I am definitely a fan of the mountain life!! The fresh, clean,  cold mountain air felt so good and if I do say so myself, I am quite handsome in a hat!!! I met lots of super nice new friends up in the mountains too... the funny thing is, everyone seemed to know my name and all about me but I've never met them before!  I feel so special that so many people prayed so hard for me.... I bet God heard their prayers louder than anyone else's because their closer to Heaven in the mountains!! He sure listened,  whatever the reason, and I'm super grateful for everyone's love and prayers! I also decided,  with mommy and daddy's blessing of course, that I'm a future Appalachian State University Mountaineer! Black and gold look good on me and I'm a big fan of that funny looking Yosef guy :-)

After the mountains, mommy and daddy and I went to Charlotte to visit my Mamie and Pops and aunts, uncles, and cousins!  Wow there are a LOT of them, and they all look alike (blonde hair) and sound alike (just like mommy, but I know they aren't mommy!). They really like it when I smile and talk to them, so I turned on the charm and gave lots of smiles and we had a great time (I even did a little giggling for Uncle Jonathan). I don't think I've been put down since I got to North Carolina with all my family and friends loving on me.... a guy could get used to this :-)

A couple of firsts for me this week:
1) thanksgiving turkey dinner (it smelled good,  that's about all I got out of it hehe)
2) cutting down our Christmas tree (wow there were a lot to choose from)
3) decorating Mamie and Pops Christmas tree and hanging my first ornament (lots of fun and such a pretty tree)
4) long car rides (over 30 mins,  not really a fan)
5) cold weather and mountain air (I could get used to that)

I am finally starting to feel a little better, although I still wake up gunky and congested and I can't seem to get rid of this little cough :( I have a SUPER busy week coming up with lots of doctor's appointments, therapies, and blood work tomorrow... Wish me luck and that I get positive results back from all my visits!

Pictures to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment